What to Do
Feel free to call us at ALL SAINTS 63967117 to let us guide you through the steps. You may also call us anytime earlier in anticipation to make pre-arrangement
CCOD (CERTIFICATE OF CAUSE OF DEATH)
- Obtain Certificate from the Attending Doctor
NOTE: CORONER'S CASE
- If the attending doctor assesses that the death is due to unnatural cause/s, the case will be referred to the Coroner.
- A Coroner’s review will be conducted at the HSA (Health Sciences Authority) mortuary at Blk 9, Singapore General Hospital (SGH) at 9.00 am the next morning.
- The deceased’s body can usually be collected by noon, upon which the Death Certificate will also be issued.
DC (Death Certificate)
Death at home/hospice/nursing home/private hospital
- Bring CCOD, deceased’s IC and informant’s IC to police centre / post to obtain the DC.
Death at Government hospital
- At Tan Tock Seng, Changi and Alexandra, and Khoo Teck Puat the DC will be issued at the mortuary, MRO (Medicine Records Office), or A&E.
- At SGH and NUH, the DC will be issued at the mortuary during office hours. After office hours, family will need to bring the CCOD and the ICs of the deceased and informant to the Police centre / post to obtain the DC.
NOTE: The DC will be issued in duplicate together with a Burial or Cremation Permit.
- Original retained by the MRO/Police
- Duplicate issued to family/informant
- No fee is payable
DEATH AT GOVERNMENT HOSPITAL/HOSPICE/NURSING HOME/PTE HOSPITAL
- Call ALL SAINTS at 63967117 (24 hours) immediately.
- ALL SAINTS staff will meet family members within an hour and arrange to collect the body as soon as possible.
- Attending doctor will issue the CCOD.
- Decide on the form of dispostion - i.e. Cremation or Burial
- Decide on Casket Package, etc.
- Register for DC as explained earlier
DEATH AT HOME
- Call ALL SAINTS at 93967117
- Death must be certified by a Doctor, who will issue the CCOD
- If you are unable to get a doctor, ALL SAINTS can assist in recommending one to you.
- Decide on the form of disposition - i.e. Cremation or Burial
- Decide on Casket Packages, etc.
- Register for DC as explained earlier.
DEATH OUTSIDE SINGAPORE
- If a death occurs in a foreign country, a Death Certificate must be obtained from that country
- The Singapore Embassy/ Representative office in that country will issue the repatriation documents
- A Consignor (usually a funeral home in the exporting country) will assist in the repatriation arrangements
- ALL SAINTS can be appointed the Consignee in Singapore to receive the remains and to provide all the subsequent arrangements and services
- Call ALL SAINTS at anytime for assistance.